Website architecture is where you organize your public documents for the brand — the placeholder for your digital marketing campaigns.
Proprietary Research Strategies
- Expert market, theme, and seed keyword research
- Keyword filtering and selection process
- Semantic content analysis
- Competitive intelligence research and analysis
- Site performance and Core Web Vitals analysis
Organize Keywords into Themes and Silos
- Final Keywords are themed and setup for silo architecture
- Silos are created and relevant existing pages/posts are integrated
- Silo linking and interlinking strategy
Deploy On-Page SEO Best Practices to Top 10 Site Pages
- Optimized page URLs
- Optimized page titles
- Optimized page headings
- Optimized page descriptions
- Optimized open graph image
- Optimized schema
- Optimized in-page image(s)
- Optimized site navigation
- Optimized site performance tweaks
What is a Website Silo Structure?
A silo structure is a type of website architecture where content is organized logically. It consists of hierarchical groupings including topics and subtopics. In other words, you can think about it as creating categories and sub-categories for your site and writing relevant content for them.
Understanding SILO structure
More often than not, a website is a disjointed array of unrelated information with no clear central theme. Such a site suffers in search engine rankings, and traffic for sought-after keywords.
Siloing a website will serve to clarify your website’s subject and thematic relevance and will lay the groundwork for high keyword rankings in search results. It is a core building block for search engine optimization and is normally an advanced topic.
Website silo architecture is the basis of powerful on-page SEO. Creating a silo “theme” essentially creates an organizational structure at the apex of the site architecture and then expounds on that topic by reinforcing it with respective categories and supporting articles (which are theme-related). Then, search engines crawl, index, and reward ALL PAGES IN THE SILO from the scoring layer of the algorithm based on the crawlable content on the pages inside each silo.
The impact of topically theming your website architecture is immense, whereas a perfectly siloed website requires less referential integrity (links or citation from other websites) to get ranked as its own pages add weight for the entire topic (a.k.a theme).
The benefit of silo architecture and structure is two-fold:
- It’s great for usability as users are only presented relevant topical information once they “click in” to a silo and,
- All navigation, internal links, and link equity (the power of those on-site links) are concentrated back into the silo.
Essentially, silos link to categories, categories link to supporting articles, and supporting articles link back to the category and the silo to create a dynamic effect for on-page SEO. This is the secret sauce for optimal on-page search engine optimization.
Get the power of siloing your content along with dozens of other powerful SEO features today!